HeatSponge Boiler Economizers
"Saving The World From High Fuel Costs"

Natural gas will never be inexpensive again making a boiler economizer more important than ever. HeatSponge offers products for boilers ranging from 50 HP to 150,000 pph. Improving boiler efficiency results in reduced pollution levels. Check how much money you can save by visiting our website. Click Here For On-Line Performance and Pricing.

Monotube boiler - length of tubing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #4 ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by clint conder on March 08, 2010 at 21:53:39:

I'm building quite a unique boiler. It is solar on top and wood buring on the bottom (Pellets, logs). I'm trying to take advantage of the heat and run a monotube through the boiler for safety and also to run a steam engine. The requirements for this steam engine are 125-150psi 360degrees and 22cubic inches of steam per revolution. Can I obtain those numbers from this monotube? And is there a formula that tells me how many lineal ft of 1/4 inch stainless tubing to run to hit those numbers? Any information will be appreciated. Also I do not want to get the heat in the boiler up more than 750-1000 degree F range.

Thanks Clint

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #4 ] [ FAQ ]