[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Need help installing a boiler

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #4 ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on September 12, 2008 at 21:33:30:

I am replacing a very old coal converted boiler. I just got a used weil mclain P468 boiler. About 10 years old. I am heating a 1400 sq ft home with 6 cast iron radiators. I know how to do the plumbing but just want to make sure I have the correct valves etc in the correct place. Can anyone tell me or give me a diagram of what is needed. ie pressure reducing valve, backflow preventor, air seperator, size of expansion tank etc and where they all go in the process. The boiler came with a taco circulator, a Watts pressure reducing feed valve, pressure relief valve, drain valve on the bottom and the tankless water heater with mixing valve already installed. I know I need to install a check valve as well as an expansion tank. I have been told a #60 expansion tank will be big enough. I think I also need to install the expansion tank to an air purger and vent? The boiler is 151,000 BTUs and I have cast iron radiators. I also think I might need a backflow preventor valve for the water supply. Water is supplied to the house by a private shallow well with a jet pump and tank with 40 lbs of pressure in the lines. Also when I took off the front of the cumbustion chamber there was a silicone sealer around it. Is there a specific type of silicone or gasket needed in this area?. Any help is appreciated. I just want to cover all the bases. Thanx!
I can supply pictures of the system if needed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #4 ] [ FAQ ]