Posted by Ed on February 15, 2000 at 11:59:14:
I am finishing the basement in our New England house. Roughly 850 sq. feet. The basement is 3/4 below grade on 3 sides. I have fully insulated the walls and ceiling. We have a hot water baseboard heat system in the house.
My (many) questions are:
- Should I just use electrical baseboard because it is cheap and the room is so insulated?
- Should I install another zone and use hot water BB?
- If I use HWBB, can someone (please) tell me how to install another zone off the boiler? or where can I find more information about doing this?
- Any comments on the use of the new flexible hot water feed lines to the baseboards in lieu of the traditional copper pipes?
- Are the baseboards plubed in-line (serial)?
- Is there a formula to determine the amount/length of baseboards ?
Thank you for any input!!
Post a Followup