[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Albert Avidor on August 11, 2010 at 15:43:21:
ALBERT AVIDOR P. Eng
91 Meaney, Kirkland
Québec H9J 3V6
Objective: A senior engineering and/ or project management position in a company where I can add my experience to the mix and be a part of a growing team.
Career Profile: Bilingual, professional Mechanical Engineer expert in Engineering and project management complemented by highly developed computer skills and strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Result oriented with a record of achievements in developing and managing the knowledge and capabilities of team members.
Computer & Technical Skills:
MS Office, Outlook, MS Project, AutoCAD, Pressure Vessels & Piping (ASME), Good Understanding of API 579, PLC ‘s, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Automation, Combustion, heat transfer and COMPRESS
Languages: Fluent English, French, Turkish and Spanish
GRIT INDUSTRIES AB (Contract) 2009-
Engineering Manager (Oil and Gas Processing Equipment Manufacturer)
· Reporting to General Manager Supervised engineering department with draftsmen and designers and project managers In mechanical, electrical and instrumentation
· Development of Boilers line heaters for oil & gas companies.
· Organize engineering Department and training
· Perform diversified heat transfer, ASME Section IV and VIII calculations
INVISTA (Du-Pont)-Kingston and Maitland Ontario (Chemical Intermediates)
Lead Engineer EPCM Leader (Contract) 2008-2009
· Responsible for planning, leading and managing all engineering activities associated with project and front end engineering design (FEED)
· Integrating the total Engineering effort over the total project life from inception to commercial operation, project estimation, cost management for assigned project
· Member of the Project Core Team accountable to the Project Leader
for project success and accountable to the BEM for Engineering functional Excellence and competency
· Lead contract strategy and contractor selection and Management of Change (MOC) processes
· Mitigation risk analyses on the projects
· Technical support for operations/reliability (ASME Section VIII div 1 & B31.3, API 520,W59, W47, AWS, CSA, ANSI)
· Detailed Stress analyses for piping systems according ASME B31.3 including vibration and water hammer analyses and Provincial Regulatory Agency (TSSA) relations.
· Safety Valve calculations (PSV) according API 520 including up & down-stream piping stress analyses
· Valve selection and up or down-grading on pressure vessels and heat exchangers
· Engineering work for repairs & modifications and new designs for piping, pressure vessels and equipment. Preparation of mechanical engineering packages.
· Re-rating equipment, fitness for service evaluations and remaining life assessments
· Responsible for supporting projects, operations and maintenance activities.
· Experienced using data from SAP to track project expenditures and conduct monthly accruals.
BPR-Bechtel Montreal-QC (EPCM -Contract)
Mechanical Engineer 2008-2008
· Prepare and write equipment specifications and data sheets
· Perform technical bid evaluations for rotating equipment, pressure vessels, piping and chemical equipment
· Other Engineering activities related to the project including rotating equipment
· Design industrial facilities based on design criteria and P&ID's , PFD’s
· Verify and analyze supplier's proposals (Compress) and prepare recommendation and purchase requisition
· Coordinate design activities with the other disciplines
· Review and approve vendor drawings and documents
· Preparation of mechanical engineering packages.
Inox-Tech Ste-Catherine QC (Contract) 2006-2008
Project & QA/QC Manager ASME (Pressure vessels manufacturer-Contract)
· Quality Assurance Manager for ASME pressure vessels in charge of maintenance of ASME manual, Jurisdiction liaison and activities for ASME regulations Section VIII div 1 Sections IX, II, V, IV & ASME B31.3 piping
· Responsible for general coordination for the company scheduling, estimating, purchasing hiring, budgeting and external customers relation until delivery and start-up
· Preparation of welding procedures and welders qualification according section IX
· Support activities in support of operations and maintenance plans and cost estimates
· Support project cost estimating (Compress) activities for pressure vessels, reactors, tanks, heat-exchangers, condensers, chillers, cooling towers and similar process equipment and negotiations
· Responsible for QA internal / external audits
· Conduct Provincial Regulatory Agency relations
INDECK-BOILER Corp. St-Hyacinth QC 2003-2006
Project Manager (Boiler Manufacturing-Contract)
· Coordination Boiler manufacturing activities including external customer relations
· Project management including technical bid evaluation, preparation of
quotation, mechanical equipment estimates for boilers, relation with the customer for getting the order and on time deliveries.
· Management function during manufacturing coordination with production, Purchasing, quality control, financing departments, suppliers and final customers
· Evolution progress and preparation of quotations for the modifications and additions coordinating boiler inspections with government authorities and customer inspectors
· Performing engineering (ASME-ANSI-API, CSA), P & I D’s, performance calculations, gas trains, burners selection and other related Calculations and ABSA relations.
· Cost planning, scheduling, estimating and cost analysis to establish and maintain a project budget
· Developing, monitoring and maintaining realistic and accurate production schedules
· Evaluating project progress on a weekly basis and Providing management with critical feed-back
· Manage customer requests for quotations or orders that require special attention due to complexity, schedule or financial impact
· Resolves order issues including remedies relative to quality, pricing, shipping schedules & negotiating settlements as required.
· Coordinates activities with other INDECK sister companies in pursuit of quality service to customers.
· Develops alternate technical and commercial strategies in support of sales, marketing, and facilities integrity program and product development.
ARSHINOFF CO. LTD. Montreal QC 1995-2003
Project & Maintenance/Reliability Manager (Drum reconditioning, manufacturing)
· Managed manufacturing equipment increasing Productivity projects with process automation, Using mechanical, electrical PLC and People according safety and unionized environment
· Developed maintenance engineering and estimating procedures and provide leadership on technical engineering problems and methods.
· Implemented Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in ISO 9002 environment, successfully and increased reliability of the equipment
· Managed oversee contracting, Renovations, pricing, Technical purchasing and sanitation supervision
· Managed process optimization resulting decrease in manpower on production lines by 7%
· Directed supervision of maintenance, safety and equipment sanitation crews and outside contractors. Reduced unplanned downtime of production and support equipment is minimal.
· Managed and scheduled of renovations in buildings, HVAC applications and mechanical ventilation system, Plumbing, electrical, rotating equipment, controls, heating, dust collection and industrial ventilation, chillers cooling tower, steam generation, waste heat recovery, incineration installation and contractor
· Implemented and applied audits for ISO 9002
STYROCHEM INTERNATIONAL, Baie D’urfe, QC 1990-1995
Project Manager-Construction (Polystyrene Chemical manufacturing)
· Managed construction project including buildings, additive mixing process, pneumatic transfer system, chemical reactors, rotating equipment ‘power stations (heating and reactor cooling systems) chillers, pumps, valves, air compressors draying systems and utilities PFD and P&ID successfully.
· Managed department engineers, designers, drafters and contractors for projects
· Designed and installed piping systems according B31.3
· Purchased of capital equipment, prepare process engineering Studies for new and existing products, applied required standards (OSHA, API, ASME Section VIII Div 1,IX)
· Initiated projects for reducing costs and enhancing quality applying PLC process control system.
· Implemented changes for increasing product output in a polymerization reactor in a company working 24-7, resulting in Zero break-downs and increased proactive activities by 10%
· Executed projects on time and within the budget,
· Improving reactor yield 95% to 97%.
· Managed maintenance and project budgets up $10M
· Responsible for health and safety and environment
· In general responsible for all technical manufacturing operations
· Supervise designers in their layout and details activities
B.S Mechanical Engineering, Master’s in Combustion and Heat transfer
Certificate in “Industrial Automation," University Of Montreal,
AEC in Electro technology, “Dawson” Montreal
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) 108088
ASME Member 100021437
Professional engineers of Ontario (PEO) 100141961
Professional engineers of Alberta (APEGHGA) 119508
Post a Followup