[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Daniel G. Bearden on May 03, 2009 at 00:15:21:
Daniel G. Bearden
13773 Glenmar Drive
Pekin, Illinois 61554
Phone – 309-353-6143
Email – dbearden (at) operamail (dot) com
Licensed Stationary Engineer Boiler Technician
• 5+ years experience Operation and maintenance of Firetube and Watertube boilers.
• 5+ years experience firing with natural gas, fuel oil, and coal.
• 5+ years experience with the operation of air compressors and air dryers.
• 5+ years experience operation and maintenance of steam turbine electric generators.
• 5+ years experience with Peripheral equipment such as sodium softeners, and RO systems.
• 5+ years experience in chemical testing to evaluate condition of boiler feed water, condensate, and raw water.
• 5+ years experience in pipefitting., valve repair, and pump repair.
• Experience calculating media usage rates. (power and utilities)
• Experience in the operation of coal and ash handlers.
• Experienced with high pressure chillers, air handlers and cooling towers.
• Have operated forklifts and bobcats.
• Have attended school for plc/host control programming.
• Skilled with computer spread sheets, word processing, networking, computer repair, and most operating systems, including Linux.
• Experienced with institutional maintenance.
• Experienced in waste water operation.
EXPERIENCE 4/2005 -Present Caterpillar Inc. Mossville, Illinois
Assembly Specialist in 2003 and 2005.
Perform inspection functions to check the quality and accuracy of in-process parts.
Audit and analyze data where quality work produced is poor or erratic, and initiate or recommend changes.
Analyze special problems arising from faulty methods, defective material, and assembly difficulties,
Perform final inspection of product as it leaves the assembly line.
Correlate finished product with prints and assembly procedures.
Use appropriate software to gather data for verification of build.
Proficient with all versions of MS Office.
Proficient with Oracle, HVC, QIS, SIS, EPIX.
Perform residual audit of fasteners.
Observation of peak torque and comparing it to the predetermined installation value of the fastener.
Enter statistical data into QIS.
Troubleshoot torque issues with operators, repair, and management personnel.
Experience 7/2004 - 4/2005 Kroeschell Inc. East Peoria, Illinois
Stationary Engineer/Utility Operator
Operate and maintain Fire-tube Boilers, including maintenance and yearly overhaul. Operate and maintain Air compressors, Cooling Towers, and Air-dryers. Operate and maintain peripheral equipment such as: Sodium softeners, RO systems, Wastewater system, Millwater and Domestic Water systems. Duties including repair and purchasing of parts for all the above equipment: pipe and fittings, bearings, etc. Anything related to the equipment listed above.
Experience 10/1995 - 1/2004 Keystone Steel and Wire Bartonville, Illinois
Operating Engineer/Boiler Operator
Monitor, operate and maintain gas and oil-fired boilers Monitor switchgear Monitor and calculate power and steam usage for the entire facility. Monitor the operation of the groundwater purification system. Perform chemical analysis of treated water and monitor equipment such as softeners, pumps, and filters.
Experience 9/1980 - 5/1994 Quaker Oats Company Pekin, Illinois
Operated a steam driven, 1500 KW turbine generator
Operated a gas/oil fired high pressure boiler at 400 psi for purposes of generating steam to run the turbine and produce extraction steam and electricity for the paper plant
Performed water analysis for chemical treatment of boiler, including operation of water softeners and chemical pumps.
During maintenance downtime, assisted maintenance personnel with valve, pump, and softener repair and preventative maintenance tasks.
Performed calculations for power, fuel, and feedwater usage for entire plant.
Monitored fire and emergency equipment on the weekends the plant was down.
Education and Certifications
• Have high school diploma plus college and professional certifications.
• Have accumulated 48 hours of college course work in Computer Science.
• Stationary Engineers License – City of Peoria, Illinois
• Boiler Attendants License – City of Peoria, Illinois
• A+ certification OS/Hardware computer
• Network + certification computer networking.
• Have a valid class D Illinois drivers license
Post a Followup