[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Edward Oswald on August 17, 2006 at 02:48:12:
Summary: l Twenty years combined experience in Power Plant operations and Maintenance.
l Proven ability to effectively work in and communicate with a culturally diverse environment.
l Strength in problem solving and conflict resolution
Experience: USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67) Mayport, Florida
Power-Plant Operator January 2004 to July 2006
· Operated and Performed maintenance on Propulsion boilers, turbines, generators and auxiliary equipment.
· Performed Tests on boiler water, fuel and lubricating oils.
· Monitored control board and regulated equipment, according to procedures and information obtained from recording and indicating instruments.
· Controlled operation of boiler auxiliary equipment, such as water and vacuum pumps, steam condensers and soot blowers, to ensure efficient operation of boilers.
· Instructed, supervised and evaluated the performance of 42 personnel in the maintenance, operation and cleanliness of one 70,000 ship main engine, two 1200 psi D-type Boilers and aux equipment.
· Completed Maintenance Reports, inventories and ordered repair parts.
· Plan and Coordinated work assignments at quarterly schedules, evaluated performance and disciplined four ten-member maintenance team.
Navy Recruiting District Chicago Fort Sheridan, Ill
Recruiting Supervisor November 1998 to December 2003
l I Recruited qualified men and women for service in the United States navy.
l I Lead a 5-man station covering 200 square miles, managing over 30k Minor property and 3 government vehicles.
l Team & Mission Oriented.
l Mentored over 55 personnel, resulting in significant career development of all sailors, resulting in 100% retention.
USS Nassau (LHA-4) Norfolk, Virginia
Power Plant Asst Manager / January 1996 to October 1998
USS Yellowstone (AD-41) Norfolk, Virginia
Supervisor Outside Machine Shop January 1994 to December 1995
Shore Intermediate Maintenance Activity Newport, Rhode Island
Boiler Shop Supervisor November 1990 to December 1993
USS Iowa (BB-61) Norfolk, Virginia
Power Plant Operator/Maintenance December 1988 to October 1990
USS Gridley (CG-21) San Diego, California
Power Plant Operator / January 1987 to December 1988
Education: Boiler water & Feed water testing and treatment Mayport, Florida
Enlisted Navy Recruiting Orientation Pensacola, Florida
Safety Valve Repair Norfolk, Virginia
Valve Repair Norfolk, Virginia
Heat Exchanger, Cooler and Distilling Plant Repair Norfolk, Virginia
Boiler Tube Inspection Unit School Newport, Rhode Island
Boiler Technician "A" School Great Lakes, Illinois
Prosser Vocational High School Chicago, Illinois
References: Available upon request
Post a Followup