[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Scott G. Smith on August 07, 2006 at 14:39:58:
Scott G. Smith
1900 Oakdale Rd., Apt. 96 Modesto, CA 95355 (209) 303-5701
To obtain a position where mechanical and operational skill and experience will be utilized.
Summary of Skills and Experience:
• Boilers: Operated, maintained, and overhauled liquid and gas-fueled boilers.
• Pumps: Operated, maintained and repaired steam and motor-driven pumps.
• Trained in the operation and maintenance of condensers, heat exchangers and oil coolers.
• Worked as a technician performing repairs and replacement on boiler tubes, tube sheets, headers and boiler drums.
• Trained to identify types and causes of boiler damage.
• Repair and rebuild condensers, coolers and distilling unit tube nests.
• Overhauled, repaired and hydrostatically tested liquid-fuel burner barrels.
• Valves: Repacked, lapped seats and hydro-tested high low pressure steam, water, air and fuel-oil valves.
• Skilled at installation of insulation on steam piping, potable water piping, air conditioning ducts, heat exchangers and coolers.
• Experience with acoustic panels and installation of radar absorbent tiles.
• Calibrated gages, thermometers and pressure/temperature switches for steam plant operation.
• Capable of limited repairs and adjustments on mechanically actuated pressure gages and thermometers.
• Hershey Foods Corp. Oakdale, California 08/03-present
• United States Navy San Diego, California 05/81 - 06/01
Training and Education:
• 3G Welder Qualification Bakersfield, CA
• Propulsion Engineering Basics Great Lakes, IL
• Boiler Technician Advanced School Great Lakes, IL
• Gage Calibration Pressure and Temperature San Diego, CA
• Shop Qualification Improvement Program for San Diego, CA
• Heat Exchangers, Coolers, and Distilling Plant Repairs San Diego, CA
• Member of a team that developed a repair procedure for a high priority heat exchanger that saved the Navy $75,000 per unit and reduced turn around time from 18 months to 3 weeks.
• Assisted in starting up field calibration programs for other commands.
• Assisted in creating training programs for the shipboard propulsion divisions.
• Received letters of commendation for rapid priority-one repairs to deploying units.
• Received a Saudi Defense Medal, the Kuwaiti Liberation Medal, and Meritorious Unit Commendation for my duties performed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
Post a Followup