[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by CUNY-Hostos Community College on December 03, 2013 at 11:31:20:
Senior Custodial Supervisor (Provisional)
Location: Hostos Community College
Under general direction, performs work of moderate difficulty and responsibility in the supervision of the cleaning and maintaining of college buildings and their immediate grounds; performs related work.
- In colleges, on an assigned tour of duty, is responsible for supervising a large group of subordinate employees; oversees custodial foremen, cleaners, elevator operators, laborers, watchmen, and other comparable employees engaged in cleaning and maintaining college buildings, entailing such tasks as sweeping, dusting, machine scrubbing, polishing, mopping, cleaning sidewalks, moving school furniture, gathering and disposing of refuse, operating heating plant, care of landscape areas and providing elevator service.
- Inspects work of subordinates to insure maximum efficiency, economy, and quality of work.
- Requisitions, stores, and issues supplies.
- Trains or arranges for training of new employees.
- Prepares work schedules.
- Maintains records and prepares required reports.
- Responsible for receiving and removing equipment.
Custodial Supervisor - Senior
1. Graduation from elementary school and four (4) years of experience in the cleaning and maintenance of a large building, one (1) year of which has been in a supervisory capacity; OR
2. A satisfactory equivalent.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Supervisory experience in a custodial field
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
New Hire: $31,035*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please attach resume and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
December 9, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Post a Followup