[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Consumers Energy on September 10, 2013 at 12:23:35:
Just One Look – See and Become a Part of Michigan's Best and Brightest!
At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our ability to deliver reliable electric and natural gas services begins with our commitment to reflecting the unique character and diverse perspectives of the 6.5 million people we serve across Michigan. As a major Midwest company with more than 7,000 employees, we're powered by the Value of All: the idea that every individual matters, and that the best way to serve our community is to be an active part of it.
You hold plant safety in the highest regard and have the engineering background and technical skills to conduct field inspections and keep your assigned generating plants running smoothly.
Your primary goal is keeping our coal, oil, gas, wind, hydro, pumped storage, biomass and waste-to-energy generating plants in Michigan's Lower Peninsula running in optimum operating condition.
Among your responsibilities you will:
* Inspect boiler and pipe condition
* Estimate component running life
* Make run-repair-replace decisions and analyze root causes of problems
* Design, bid, and oversee the fabrication and installation of replacement components
* Spearhead quality assurance/quality control program activity
Qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred) or a technical degree and/or specialized training in boilers and power equipment
* 5-10 years of relevant experience; experience with utility boiler construction and/or maintenance is preferred
* Current AWS-CWI certification is preferred (or ability to obtain within two years)
* Familiarity with ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Codes is preferred.
* Working knowledge of engineering drawings; tube and pipe bending; fabrication of boiler components and pressure vessels; welding; scaffolding; and heavy rigging practices
* Shift work, weekend and holiday work, and overtime are required
* Availability for approx. 30% in-state travel for plant equipment inspections; occasional out-of-state travel; and infrequent out-of-the-country travel; a US Passport is required
Every day, we're working together to improve the quality of life for people across Michigan through responsible business practices, valuing our customers, dynamic energy innovation, and a relentless dedication to helping people from all backgrounds build extraordinary careers. Learn more about joining the Consumers Energy family and discover how your talents can be utilized. This position offers an excellent salary and benefits package consistent with experience. For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit our corporate website at:
Apply to Job Req. #50438113. Interested candidates must submit a resume online.
Respect the Value of All: Consumers Energy is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer committed to building and connecting with a diverse workforce.
Count on Us
WORKING TO DELIVER THE ENERGY YOU NEED, WHENEVER YOU NEED IT.
THAT'S OUR PROMISE TO MICHIGAN!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jxyb58r
Post a Followup