[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Caroline Dillon on August 27, 2013 at 13:03:13:
Plant Maintenance Engineer
Moose Lake, MN
$42,490 - $48,963 annually
The Minnesota Department of Human Services is seeking a Plant Maintenance Engineer to maintain and service the buildings, equipment, and fixtures of the MN Sex Offender Program (MSOP) in Moose Lake. This is a secure facility that provides services to individuals who have a completed prison sentence and been court-ordered to receive ongoing sex offender treatment.
The Plant Maintenance Engineer is a full-time position, working the day shift Monday through Friday, and eligible for full benefits and insurance coverage. Join us for this unique opportunity to begin your career as a State of Minnesota employee!
• Maintain and repair heating and cooling systems, plumbing equipment, and systems so that adequate heat, cooling, ventilation, and water are supplied to the facility;
• Maintain buildings so that they are fully operational at all times;
• Repair mechanical equipment so that it is kept serviceable and in good working order;
• Provide input and information for budget requests and/or capital repairs;
• Record all repairs made to equipment so a log is kept to establish any continued problems for eventual equipment replacement.
Boiler First Class Engineer Grade C License is required. Preference may also be given to applicants with experience or education in Building Automation Systems, Pneumatic and DDC controls, plant maintenance involving heating and ventilation, and/or hotwater engineering maintenance or repair (e.g., welding, plumbing, electrical, boiler operation, air conditioning, refrigeration, or water treatment).
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• Earn paid vacation time
• Earn paid sick time
• 11 paid holidays
• Pension and retirement savings plan
• Life insurance (family coverage available)
• Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent coverage available)
• Short-term disability
• Long-term disability
• Pre-tax benefits
• Health care savings plan
• Credit union membership available
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates MUST apply through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official hiring site. Below are detailed instructions on how to submit your resume and application. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT on THURSDAY, AUGUST 29th, 2013.
Submit your resume:
1. Visit www.careers.state.mn.us
2. Select “My State Job Search” (upper right hand corner)
3. Select “Create a My State Job Search Account”
4. Complete the instructions under New Account
5. Once your account has been established, select “Resume Builder”
6. Build a resume or paste a text copy of your existing resume
7. Use the “Job-Specific Questions” space for your cover letter (optional)
8. Complete required sections of “Supplemental Information”
9. You MUST click “Submit Your Resume” at the bottom of the page!
Apply for the Plant Maintenance Engineer opening after you have created your new account and submitted your resume:
10. Select “Apply for Jobs”
11. Select “Apply for Positions”
12. Enter this posting number: 13DHS000985
13. Select “Continue” and verify the position is correct
14. Select “Apply”
• Save your user ID and password for future use.
• Make sure your resume clearly states all relevant skills and experience, along with the beginning and ending months and years of each position you have held.
• If you have any difficulties, contact the website helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about this or other opportunities, please contact:
651-431-3674 or 800-657-3643
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer
Post a Followup