[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Erica Cowley on May 20, 2013 at 10:59:43:
The Parkside Plaza Condominium Association, a 251-unit high rise condominium association in Silver Spring, MD, has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer position. This position requires a MD third class engineering license.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Parkside Plaza Chief Engineer will maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant services while maintaining positive tenant relations in accordance with Company’s established operational and safety procedures.
· Perform and/or oversee the day-to-day efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building and site systems for assigned properties. Building systems include but are not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, water treatment, hardware, keying and fire protection.
· Perform, assist in or oversee the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Receive work assignments, plan and/or generate work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
· Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
· Provide proper care to the assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms. Keep the maintenance shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe.
· Maintain and/or update the preventative maintenance and loss control programs. Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in these programs. Coordinate, conduct and/or provide support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance and loss control.
· Accurately complete resident requests, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required. Follow applicable government / local authority and Association (e.g., bylaws and rules) requirements and other records for assigned properties.
· Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate.
· Employ service procedures and techniques in accordance with established procedures.
· Maintain logs on daily activities and events as required.
· Provide technical support and assist in the training and upgrading of skills of less experienced staff.
· Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
· Available for various shifts, to fill in for other staff, and to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs as needed. Respond to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including but not limited to snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities per on-call procedures or as requested in critical situations.
· Promote and maintain a high standard in the operation and appearance of the properties. Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via proactive communication, routine follow-up and a high level of customer service.
· Draft / contribute to bid specification for infrastructure projects; participate in assessment and evaluation of vendor proposals received to make recommendations to board for contract decision.
· May procure vendor/contract prices for mechanical parts, equipment and tools.
· Participate in monthly board meetings.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
· High school diploma or equivalent education certification
· Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years general experience in building trades, repair, maintenance and supervision of staff
· Licenses for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
o MD Properties 3rd Class Engineer’s License
o Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC and other technologies relating to building engineering and/or equivalent job related training and experience
· Strong maintenance and repair skills in HVAC, cooling towers, chillers, painting, carpentry, plumbing and electricity
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
· Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently and effectively set priorities
· Working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and Life Safety codes and regulations preferred.
· Ability to participate in on-call schedule for after hour calls required. This may include working alternative schedules during on-call period (e.g. 7:00am – 3:30pm or 12:00pm – 8:30pm, etc.)
· Basic skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications
· Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed
· Working knowledge of web based work order systems
· Working knowledge of energy management systems
· Demonstrates exemplary resident relations. Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times
· Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools
· Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record when required
· Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands
· Regular use of various machinery and tools
· Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell
· Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside
· Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust
· Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs
· Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
· Involves movement between buildings, and floors to facilitate work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job and are not all inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly interfaces with residents and owners, various staff, vendors, construction professionals and consultants
· Receives immediate supervision and direction from one or more of the following: the Property Manager or Management Office, who will evaluate work performance on a periodic basis in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
Post a Followup