[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Kelly Spencer on July 01, 2009 at 16:22:25:
Headquartered in San Diego, California, U.S.A., Solar Turbines Incorporated, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a leading manufacturer of industrial gas turbines with more than 11,800 units with over one billion operating hours in some 93 countries. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 23 megawatts). As the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Solar has a global network of offices and facilities to support customers with a variety of service products and programs as well as an experienced technical support team. We currently have an opening for an Operations and Maintenance Technician in Toledo, Oh.
This position will report to the locally based Contract Manager. While performing the assigned duties which included Starting, stopping, monitoring, and adjusting facility equipment. Communicates as well as documenting status and condition of equipment. Perform basic and intermediate maintenance and assist with advanced and major maintenance activities. Perform analysis and troubleshooting on equipment as required. Perform other duties and administrative tasks as assigned by direct management or supervisors.
Responsible for administration, technical, operations, maintenance, and repairs associated with Solar Turbines turbo-machinery, 4 Mw Steam Turbine and industrial equipment applications. Responsibilities also include; safely performing routine operational testing and adjustments on facility equipment, participate in daily preventative and repair maintenance activities, maintain equipment operating logs and properly document activities while on duty, maintain a safe and clean work environment, comply with regulatory and safety regulations, troubleshoot and repair failed machinery and control systems, operate and maintain various equipment and perform other duties and administrative tasks as assigned.
This is an “intermediate level” technical and administrative position that safely operates & maintains a 10 MW power plant consisting of One Solar Taurus 60 Generator set, One Murray Tuthill 4.5 Mw Steam turbine, one Heat recovery steam generator and Balance of plant equipment (Condenser, cooling tower and water treatment) etc.
Position requires candidate to work an Alternative Workweek Schedule (AWS) rotation consisting of 12-hour shifts and rotational schedule.
(12) Hour shifts. Additional scheduled maintenance outage overtime required approximately (4) times a year.
• Required to have a minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent.
• Applicable industrial or military training or technical school training, and/or related experience of at least 3 years operating and maintaining industrial facilities required.
• Knowledge and skills are generally consistent with military experience in the following rates: GSE, GSM, EN, MM, AE, AT, or AD.
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds from floor to waist and 20 pounds in awkward positions.
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including hearing protection, respirators or SCBA equipment.
• Must be able to work from ladders and elevated walkways and possible confined spaces.
• Complete and maintain required safety training & “Authorized Employee” qualifications.
• Complete and maintain required technical training and qualifications.
• Possess intermediate computer skills.
• Must possess a valid agency issued drivers license with acceptable driving record.
• Understanding of process control, energy management, and the ability to communicate effectively are essential.
• Ability to manage time effectively and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings are desired.
• Industrial electrical knowledge or experience is preferred.
• Candidates residing within 1-hour drive time from the facility will be given strong preference.
******Must have Stationary Engineering License******
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vacation, 401k, pension, incentive bonus, and more.
Solar Turbines is an equal opportunity employer.
Solar Turbines conducts drug screens and background checks.
Please visit our website www.solarturbines.com for more information about our company.
Post a Followup