[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Tracey Clayton on February 27, 2009 at 13:51:15:
Seeking a Senior level Boiler Engineering Specialist to take responsibility for interpreting, organizing, engineering, executing, and coordinating boiler and heat recovery steam generator projects.
- Work closely with various Project teams during all phases of an order, including engineering, procurement, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning.
- Prepare equipment specifications and material requisitions for purchase, and review and evaluate supplier bids and documents
- Witness test and inspection activities at supplier facilities.
- Participate in development of standardized tools used in the bid, evaluate, and award process (standard technical specifications, technical bid forms, technical bid evaluations, etc).
- Lead and/or participate in supplier process improvement dialogue.
- Develop and capture, in conjunction with the suppliers as required, cost saving ideas.
- Perform technical reviews of new and emerging technologies in the marketplace.
- Troubleshoot construction, startup, and operational problems, and interface with the client or manufacturer to modify the design or operational practice, as appropriate, to resolve those problems.
Job Qualifications: Basic Qualifications
At least 15 years engineering experience in duties/responsibilities
BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering Technology).
Must have extensive knowledge in the following: Supercritical boiler,
Heat Recovery Steam generator (HRSG), Circulating Fluidized Bed boilers (CFB) and Pulverized Coal Fired boilers (PC Fired boilers).
Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Currently possess the right to legally work and remain in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Physically capable to work around and on large machines & power equipment
Primary Skills: BS in Engineering, boiler design, heat recovey steam generator design, procurement
Salary: $120000 - 160000
Travel: 25 %
Post a Followup