[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Greg McCarthy on December 08, 2008 at 13:20:49:
We currently have an opening for a Shift Supervisor in our Saugus, MA power plant. This is a salaried position with an annual incentive opportunity.
- Responsible for directing and supervising Operations Department and other personnel to ensure the facility is operated and maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner during duty hours.
- Maintains and enforces Company policies and procedures, environmental compliance, and safety and health requirements.
- Trains shift personnel in safety procedures and equipment use, plant operating procedures, and environmental standards and compliance.
- Responsible for the enforcement and administration of the lockout/tagout system, confined space entry program, and welding and cutting permits.
- Performs other administrative duties such as conducting performance appraisals, completing disciplinary forms, accident and equipment damage reports, approval of timesheets, and documentation of attendance and tardiness.
- Maintains an accurate log of facility operations, activities, and events.
- Serves as the Plant Managerís representative during periods when upper management is off-site.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable plant morale and a culture of teamwork.
- Ensures that the facility and all personnel operate safely at all times and promotes an environment whereby safety is a priority.
- Works rotating shifts, with the possibility of a day shift role for a highly qualified candidate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid MA 2nd Engineers License (must have this license to be considered).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- 5 years working as a Plant Operator in a power plant or steam power generating environment.
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform varied mechanical tasks.
- Administrative skills (MS Office, CMMS).
- Bachelors or Associates degree or equivalent, preferably in power plant operations.
- Naval or Maritime experience.
- ASME QRO provisional license or comparable state licenses.
- Previous experience as a Shift Supervisor, preferably in a waste to energy facility.
- Thorough knowledge of turbines and steam systems theory.
To apply for this position, please visit our career site at:
Select the position you are interested in, establish a candidate profile, and apply.
Thanks for your interest in Wheelabrator Technologies.
Post a Followup