[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Jennifer M Hadac on August 29, 2008 at 14:09:41:
An Industrial Manger coordinates industrial repair and construction, a crucial component of B&D's business model. B&D Boilers is diverse with respect to commercial and industrial contracts. Although we define commercial and industrial as two different markets, servicing such is often a collaborative effort between the Service and Industrial Departments.
• High regard for quality and efficiency
• Possesses and utilizes strong communication skills
• Physical ability (including vision) to perform required tasks. Able to work in confined spaces
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Willingness to travel
• Willingness to work extended hours, varying shifts and emergent work
• Able to work in pressure situations with little or no supervision
• Willingness to take responsibility for assigned equipment and inventory
• Personal Tools Required (as itemized in Terms of Employment)
• Six years of field experience (or equivalent education, certification or accreditation) (Exceptions may be approved by the hiring officer)
• Safe Driver (DMV record must meet the requirements of the Company insurance provider) (Exceptions may be approved by the hiring officer).
Working Knowledge and/or experience with:
• Pressure vessels, heat exchangers and boilers.
• Repairing and installing industrial firetube and watertube boilers - scotch marine firetube boilers, and package watertube boilers of various manufacturers.
• Boilermaking and Fitting.
• Piping, refractory, and mechanical.
• Boiler room auxiliary systems.
• Written welding procedures.
• Ox/fuel Operations (Burning, Brazing and Heating).
• Various types of welding equipment and welding rods.
• Welding and qualifications
• Mechanical Assembly
• Plan and execute projects from Purchase Order to Invoice
• Manage multiple personnel and projects simultaneously
• Supervise and evaluate Industrial employees
• Accurately identify and specify necessary resources and requirements for current and future projects
o Equipment needs (welding machines, pipe threading machines, miscellaneous materials, etc.)
o Safety requirements and other restrictions that may impede progress of a project.
• Assist in Planning and Estimating
• Assist Sales with work load projections
• Coordinate with Service (Commercial) when projects require the skills of both departments
• Coordinate with the QA department to establish Code and other regulations that are applicable.
Post a Followup