[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by PSEG on August 18, 2008 at 15:35:44:
This is a reposting. Candidates who already applied do not need to reapply.
Serve as the subject matter expert and provide governance and oversight for all non-rotating electrical equipment and associated components at PSEG Power’s fossil plants in NJ, NY, CT, and Texas. Be expert on the entire electrical distribution system at the generating stations, including transformers, switchgear, MCC’s, breakers, disconnect switches, bus (open air, iso-phase, non-seg, seg), relays, cable, meters, battery systems, heat trace, UPS’s, etc… on systems ranging from 345 kV to 120V. Work in plant on auxiliary systems, as well as outside plant in switchyard.
Provide the following services for this equipment:
• Oversight/assistance/lead for trouble-shooting problems (failures, trips, poor performance, etc…)
• Technical expertise/guidance to the stations
• Technical expertise/assistance to the Projects (recommendations on design, vendors, etc…)
• Technical expertise/assistance to the Outages (recommend work/studies to be done during upcoming outages)
• Perform walkdowns/inspections of this equipment and enter notifications when deficiencies are found
• Recommend standard PM’s and PdM’s to the stations for this equipment
• Make recommendations for repairs, upgrades, or replacements
• Perform/assist in preparing RCA (Root Cause Analysis) reports
• Prepare specialized reports
• Provide guidance on vendor selection and vendor approval
• Provide recommendations on equipment manufacturing/repair procedures and requirements
• Be familiar with requirements (time, cost, procedural) to install or replace the equipment
. Be familiar with the NEC, NESC, and ANSI/IEEE standards.
. Maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG Standards for Business Controls and meet management's expectations for effective internal business controls.
. BS degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 15 years power generation industry experience, with minimum of ten years directly related to electrical equipment
PSEG recognizes institutions of higher education which are accredited
by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
. Capable of reading and revising wiring diagrams, AC/DC schematics, and one-lines
. Strong understanding of relay philosophy.
. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
. Self-motivated and self-directed
. Flexibility with handling several and changing priorities
. PE license, advanced technical degree.
All interested applicants, please go to www.pseg.com and apply online.
Post a Followup