[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Kimberly Whiteman on August 07, 2008 at 16:00:37:
Wheelabrator Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Waste Management, operates 16 waste-to-energy facilities and five independent power production facilities located across the United States. By generating clean, renewable energy, we are leading the way in reducing America’s dependence on traditional fuels. We’ve been nationally recognized for our positive impact on the environment, and all of our facilities have been awarded the prestigious “VPP Star” designation from OSHA, making Wheelabrator one of the most safety-conscious employers in the country. To learn more please visit us at: http://www.wheelabratortechnologies.com.
We currently have an opening for an E&I Technician, 2nd Class, at our South Broward (Fort Lauderdale), Florida power plant.
- Install, troubleshoot, clean, inspect, calibrate, and maintain electrical, instrumentation, and distributive control equipment throughout the facility safely and professionally.
- Perform electrical preventive, repair, and calibration maintenance procedures safely and professionally with minimal supervision in accordance with Federal and State Regulations and Company Policies.
- Repair and troubleshoot equipment such as: turbine generators, computer based control systems, control valves, variable speed drive equipment, and overhead cranes.
- Prioritize work, schedule plans, and follow up on directed assignments.
- Responds and reports to work during off hours when emergency repairs are required.
- Works overtime, and on call for rotating shifts if needed.
- Operates other equipment including, but not limited to, industrial forklifts, manlifts, skid steer type loaders, and other mobile equipment.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; college degree or coursework preferred.
- 5 years E&I experience required, or a minimum of 2 years experience as an E&I Technician, 3rd Class.
- Bailey and/or Allen Bradley DCS experience preferred.
- E&I experience in the power generation industry or the military also preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit our career site at:
Select the position you are interested in, and complete an online application. Thanks for your interest in Wheelabrator Technologies.
Post a Followup