[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Sandy Webb, Del Technical Services on June 27, 2008 at 16:07:29:
Del Technical Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Boiler Engineer for an Electric Utility Company in the Midwest. This is a direct hire opportunity. Our client offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, and much more.
* Assess the health of boilers in the electric utility fleet.
* Individual will develop both short and long-term plans for the boilers to meet reliability, environmental, safety and cost competitive goals.
* Individual will be responsible for collaborating and planning scheduled, forced and maintenance outages.
* Person will function as the lead for any and all boiler inspections by either leading the inspection team directly and/or coordinating the inspection and inspection techniques.
* Will work with Project Engineering, OEMs and third party vendors as the plant representative to develop and implement boiler & other project maintenance and modification strategies.
* 4-year degree in Engineering Discipline
* Minimum of 8 years of Power Plant experience.
* Prior demonstrated experience with electric utility boilers preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to identify boiler tube failure mechanisms, and corrective actions taken.
* Previously demonstrated knowledge of NDE sampling techniques.
* Working knowledge of applicable code requirements as they pertain to boiler operation and repair.
* Skilled in performing boiler inspections using PPE for confined spaces, as well as scaffolding and motorized climber, as needed.
* Willing to travel as necessary and work outside of normal business hours.
* Proven effective communication of ideas to both management and craft personnel.
* Demonstrate effective writing skills with respect to reports and technical evaluations.
* Proficient with PC business software.
* Knowledge of combustion process relative to its effects on boiler components and overall boiler performance is necessary.
* The ability to perform calculations involving tube material sizing, remaining life and minimum wall thickness is required.
* Overall knowledge of the auxiliary systems that affect the Boiler performance is required.
* Interpretation of code requirements and the ability to apply Boiler Code requirements to Boiler repairs is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of engineering economics is required.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Followup