[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Larry Combs on May 29, 2008 at 19:10:58:
CA ~ Greater Bakersfield ~ Maintenance Manager ~ Power Plant / Cogeneration ~ $100K+ DOE
Qualified candidates are currently being sought for immediate consideration in light of the following need which exists within an established and stable power production related facility located in California’s Central Valley.
• Responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of a Solid Fuel Fired Boiler and Associated Steam Turbine Generator in accordance with OSHA standards and written Company Policy.
• Direct the activities of the Maintenance Department in a manner in which the reliability of plant equipment is maintained, preservation of the capital asset is retained and the plant’s operating revenues are maximized.
• Prepare an annual maintenance budget that funds all forecasted maintenance necessary to ensure this plant meets its annual electrical generating capacity requirements as set forth in the budget and as regulated by contract with the contracting electrical utility.
• Administer the operation of the Company’s computerized maintenance system (MainSaver) to ensure that maintenance is accurately scheduled and assigned, that outside contractors are contracted with as needed and that the repair parts and materials are correctly identified and ordered to support scheduled work. Ensure that an accurate history of the maintenance performed on this plant is recorded and available for future reference.
• Hire, supervise and discipline Maintenance Department personnel as required to support the operation of this Electrical Generating Facility.
• Plan long and short term maintenance projects that are necessary to ensure this plant’s ability to meet contractual obligations for annual electrical generation. Review each work request, assign appropriate maintenance personnel and plan the scope of work to be completed.
• If outside contractor assistance is needed, initiate required Contract Service Agreements with the contractor prior to commencement of work.
• Using Microsoft Project or similar planning software, plan and schedule in detail the annual maintenance outage when the plant will be shut down for repairs.
• Track Maintenance Department expenditures to ensure adherence to annual budget projections, identifying any unbudgeted expense in writing to the Plant Manager and subsequently to the owners of the project.
• Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to ensure correct materials are ordered and on hand to support scheduled maintenance.
• Work closely with the plant accountant to ensure that all invoices accurately reflect the costs of contracted maintenance provided.
• Coordinate scheduled maintenance with the Operations Manager as not to conflict with plant operational requirements.
• Supervise the Oil Analysis Program, reviewing the results to determine potential equipment maintenance issues and take action accordingly.
• Supervise the Vibration Analysis Program to evaluate the condition of rotational equipment and schedule maintenance accordingly.
• Produce reports as needed to keep the Plant Manager abreast of the current material condition of the plant and what if any limitations on generating capacity that have been imposed. In the event of unforeseen maintenance items provide the necessary justification to the Plant manager so that additional unbudgeted maintenance funds may be appropriated from the owners.
• Supervise the Maintenance Planner in proper documentation of planned outages and major maintenance projects in historical records for future reference.
• Must climb stairs, climb vertical ladders, and carry heavy items.
• May be required to wear various types of respirators including SCBA.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
• A degree in Engineering from an accredited college or technical school is preferred (but experience will be considered in lieu of).
• 10 years experience as a journeyman mechanic in a power plant with progressive supervisorial responsibility.
• In depth knowledge of OSHA policies and procedures.
• In depth knowledge of power plant operations and maintenance procedures.
• A working knowledge of computerized maintenance management and scheduling programs.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be capable of communicating clearly over two way radio systems.
• Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
The concerned opportunity is located in a geographic location known for its family friendly surroundings, and the noted absence of many metropolitan ills. The cost of living is very reasonable, and the cost of housing offers some of the best value in the State.
For immediate and confidential consideration, time is of the essence, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a current resume to:
Larry V. Combs, Esq.
4450 California Ave., #319
Bakersfield, CA 93309-1152
PREFERRED SUBMISSION METHOD:
(Text or Word Files)
Post a Followup