[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Applied Analysis Corp. on May 05, 2008 at 15:49:19:
Four month assignment in Allentown, PA for an experienced boiler engineer. Excellent rates and PD. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
This position will be responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, a broad range of engineering and managerial tasks to support assessment, repair and installation of boiler components. This position will also provide technical guidance and assistance of other utility employees and contractors in support of the boiler programs. Plants include facilities in Pennsylvania.
1. Proactively assist in resolving boiler related failures using root cause and failure analysis techniques and analytical tools such as stress and finite element modeling.
2. Provide technical expertise, policies, procedures, standards, and specifications related to boiler equipment.
3. Provide expertise in boiler combustion control and mill performance and maintenance.
4. Work with Engineering, Maintenance, Operations and Service personnel and external organizations to evaluate equipment and plant reliability.
Candidate Qualifications and Background:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy, Mechanical or Material Science required. Professional Engineer license preferred.
2. Proficient in the technical aspects of boilers including design and operation, failure mechanisms and high temperature aging effects.
3. Direct experience with design, installation, root cause, troubleshooting and maintenance of boilers and pressure parts preferred.
4. Knowledge of predictive technology for remaining life and high temperature assessments as well as probability and statistics and quantities maintenance techniques preferred.
5. Experience with boiler tuning and combustion optimization
6. Experience with stress, finite element, creep and fatigue analysis techniques preferred.
7. Minimum of five years boiler experience in a power plant environment; fossil power plant experience preferred.
8. Experience or knowledge in materials properties and selection and welding processes and their application.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
10. The ability to work well in teams and possess personal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals.
Post a Followup