[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Greg McCarthy on April 14, 2008 at 16:23:33:
Wheelabrator Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Waste Management with corporate offices in Hampton, New Hampshire, operates 16 waste-to-energy facilities and five independent power production facilities located across the United States. By generating clean, renewable energy, we are leading the way in reducing America’s dependence on traditional fuels. We’ve been nationally recognized for our positive impact on the environment, and all of our facilities have been awarded the prestigious “VPP Star” designation from OSHA, making Wheelabrator one of the most safety-conscious employers in the country. To learn more please visit us at: http://www.wheelabratortechnologies.com.
We currently have an opening for a Plant Operator in our Saugus, MA power plant.
Plant Operators monitor and control boilers, turbines, and auxiliary plant equipment from the control room to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations. Duties include the following:
- Maintains safe and efficient boiler operations including productive boiler combustion, maximizing generation, managing in-plant power consumption, and operating within all applicable permits.
- Monitors plant operational and emissions data; detects and responds to changing conditions with regard to maximizing plant safety and efficiency.
- Coordinates, directs, and trains all subordinates as required.
- Oversees the operation of plant equipment. Works with maintenance to troubleshoot problems, determine root cause, and the best course of corrective action.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions. Records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Works overtime and rotating shifts.
- Massachusetts 2nd Class Engineer's License required.
- Bachelor’s degree desired, especially Maritime Academy graduates; High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years power experience as an APO or comparable position, or 5 years related power experience. Navy or other military experience desired.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, to perform such tasks as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking, and equipment inspections.
- Skills, experience, and knowledge sufficient to acquire state licenses.
- Knowledge and understanding of a steam generating power plant operation.
To apply for this position, please visit our career site at:
Select the position you are interested in, establish a candidate profile, and apply. Thanks for your interest in Wheelabrator Technologies.
Post a Followup