[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Diane Daniel on April 01, 2008 at 09:52:56:
The Opportunity: Project Manager - Power Generation / Emission Technologies. Be a key member of the start-up team for SmartBurn, a business unit of RMT, Inc., which is a division of Alliant Energy, a $6 billion, publicly traded energy and energy services provider. SmartBurn is focused on using innovative technologies to reduce Nox emissions for coal-fired boilers at both utility and industrial companies.
The Position: We are looking for a professional Project Manager – Power Generation / Emission Technologies to join the team in our Madison, Wisconsin office. You will be responsible for:
· Successfully leading project teams in the initiation, planning, implementation, risk management, control and closure of single or multiple projects.
· Establishing and managing schedules, costs/resources and technical objectives required to meet expected project outcomes.
· Monitoring technical developments and recommending system improvements.
· Managing all applicable contracts, including preparing RFP’s, negotiations and handling of finances.
· Communicating on issues related to projects, including interacting with customers and making periodic reports on progress, problems/risks and recommendations.
· Recommending training needs for team members and users.
· Effectively closing projects, including closing work orders, handling finance charges, reassigning team members, ensuring documentation is completed and transition of deliverables occurs.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will have a BSME, BSChE or BSEE and 5-7 years of progressively responsible management experience in fossil fuel steam power plant upgrade engineering and construction or similar petrochemical experience. Process engineering experience is a plus. Strong leadership, facilitation and communications skills in a team environment are essential. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and work in a diverse and fast-paced environment. Must be quality and end-user customer-focused. Some travel to customer sites is required.
Compensation and benefits are competitive and include health and life insurance, paid time away from work, employee referral bonus, tuition reimbursement, professional memberships, 401(k) Company-matched Savings Plan, eligibility for Short Term Incentive Compensation, and Profit Sharing. RMT focuses on employee wellness, a safe work environment and work-life balance.
Post a Followup