[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Mary Gano on March 12, 2008 at 10:49:19:
• The Plant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant equipment and the entire generating unit. This includes the fuel system, circulating water systems, condensate/feedwater systems, boiler systems, turbine systems, generator systems, electrical systems, and various other plant systems. The work schedule will involve working a rotating shift of up to 12 hours. Successful candidates will report to the Luminant Academy in Tyler, Texas for initial training.
Key Roles & Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned. Directly or through others, the incumbent:
•Estimates starting time for the idle generation units and follows prescribed startup procedures to bring units on line at a specified time.
•Changes the loading of turbine/generator as required from the BTG Board or through the electronic control system.
•Reads meters and records data at specified intervals in appropriate logs and computers.
•Immediately reports malfunctioning equipment of abnormal meter readings/equipment performance to the supervisor and completes the appropriate records.
•Performs troubleshooting and documentation and assists in the resolution of problems discovered during the shift.
•Ensures safety compliance of self and others.
•Issues equipment clearances and work permits.
•Develops and implements plant operating procedures.
•Maintains a working knowledge of all electronic control systems and computers. This knowledge is required to assess information and make changes to ensure safe, reliable operation.
•Verifies the satisfactory operation of equipment using logs, charts, meters, controls and visual inspections.
•Communicates unit operating status with appropriate in-plant and external groups.
•Ensures the maintenance of the plant operating history through timely completion of plant logs and required documentation.
•Controls system voltages and frequencies in emergencies.
•Teams with the work of other operations employees on shift to insure successful start-up, operation, and shut-down of units.
•Assists in on-the- job training of other employees.
•Performs all work in compliance with Safety Handbook.
•Employees shall be required to train and function as a member of the fire brigade.
•This information is a summary and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to take the place of sound management discretion
•Performs other duties as required.
•Work outside of the control room as needed.
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
• Prior power plant operations experience is required.
• Good knowledge of basic math, reading and writing skills required.
• Ability to use all hand tools and other various tools.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Basic computer skills.
• All applicants (excluding applicants currently employed in specific positions in Fossil Generation) must be a successful candidate on the Plant Operator Selection System/Power Plant Operations and Maintenance (POSS / MASS) in order to be considered a candidate for this position. POSS / MASS exams are administered on an as-needed basis by Human Resources.
Measures of Success
Post a Followup