[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by George Meek on January 15, 2008 at 17:39:00:
POWER ENGINEER / PROJECT MANAGER
• Provide project management and engineering support for steam plant projects. These include small self contained biomass fired generation plants ranging from 2 to 50 MW. The projects range from retrofits to complete green grass installations.
• This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager but at times will work for other project managers.
• Overall management of all mechanical, electrical and control systems for boiler plant and energy system projects assigned to them.
• Manage and direct engineering staff, designers and drafters
• Develop project design budgets.
• Develop project capital and operating budgets.
• Develop mass and heat balances for steam power plant systems.
• Understand critical equipment operation and issues such as:
o Steam boilers
o Water treatment
o Fuel handling systems
o Boiler and energy control systems
o Cooling towers
o Feed water systems
o Steam and water piping systems
• Optimize designs to reduce capital and operating costs for our clients while providing quality engineering and project management.
• Understand environmental issues in power plant operation and support permitting activities of the Company.
• Ensure compliance with applicable codes including ASME, ANSI, IBC
• Ensure compliance with OSHA and client safety requirements and policies in our designs.
• Work with marketing staff to promote Evergreen Engineering and secure future work.
• Prepare project scopes, proposals, specifications and documents for boiler and energy related projects.
• Accept responsibility for actions of self and project team
• Honest and open communication.
• Make presentations to clients and potential clients.
Experience, Training and Technical Skills
• Register professional engineer preferred
• A minimum 15 years of related experience
• Computer skills should include: AutoCAD, Microsoft Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
Post a Followup