[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Greg McCarthy on December 05, 2007 at 13:52:52:
Wheelabrator Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Waste Management with corporate offices in Hampton, New Hampshire, operates 16 waste-to-energy facilities and five independent power production facilities located across the United States. By generating clean, renewable energy, we are leading the way in reducing America’s dependence on traditional fuels. We’ve been nationally recognized for our positive impact on the environment, and all of our facilities have been awarded the prestigious “VPP Star” designation from OSHA, making Wheelabrator one of the most safety-conscious employers in the country. To learn more please visit us at: http://www.wheelabratortechnologies.com.
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Plant Operator in our Saugus, MA facility.
- Monitor and operate boilers and auxiliary plant equipment to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations.
- Assists the Plant Operator in the daily operation and maintenance of the plant in the field. Investigates changes in instrument readings and equipment operation.
- Regularly makes required turbine/generator APC and other critical inspections.
- Recognizes and mitigates operating difficulties to minimize down time.
- Maintains logs and other written documentation on schedule.
- May relieve the Plant Operator of control room operations in compliance with any licensing guidelines where applicable.
- Operates all aspects of demineralization system, including making required adjustments to system safely and accurately.
- Operates all aspects of APC system safely and accurately. Makes adjustments to APC system so that system performance is optimized.
- Assists and instructs Utility and Assistant Utility Operators as necessary to ensure the proper completion of their work assignments.
- Performs water testing and treatment using knowledge of boiler water chemistry, and performs chemical adjustments with assistance.
- Works overtime and rotating shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MA First or Second Firemans License required; MA Third Engineers License preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Bachelors or Associates degree or equivalent is desirable.
- Naval and/or maritime steam power plant experience desirable.
- 2 years working in a power plant operation or 3 years related experience.
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform varied mechanical tasks such as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking and equipment inspections.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation of a steam generating power plant.
To apply for this position, please visit our career site at:
Select the position you are interested in, and complete an online application. Thanks for your interest in Wheelabrator Technologies.
Post a Followup