[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Larry Combs on September 17, 2007 at 20:11:42:
CA-Central-Power Plant Operator, Power Production, to $26.78/Hr, DOE
Qualified candidates are currently being sought for immediate consideration in light of the following need which exists within an established and stable power production related facility located in California’s Central Valley.
• Responsible for the on shift operation of a 35 MW+ solid fuel fired power plant in accordance with OSHA standards and written Company Policy.
• Collect, tabulate and evaluate equipment operating data to identify potential problems. Resolve problems if possible.
• Report evaluations, actions and/or recommendations to the Shift Foreman.
• Continuously monitor plant systems and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Recognize abnormal conditions and take proper corrective actions.
• Start/Stop or transfer field equipment as directed by the Shift Foreman.
Work shift work and overtime as needed.
• Perform required water tests on the boiler and ancillary equipment. Add the correct dose of chemicals to maintain water chemistry test results in proper limits.
• Perform routine maintenance functions such as adding lubricants, clearing conveyors of pluggage, and minor equipment adjustments.
• Perform the duties of the water plant operator as directed by availability of operations personnel.
• Perform housekeeping functions in the power plant to maintain a clean and safe environment.
• Operate all permitted equipment to maintain compliance with Title V Permits-to-Operate.
• Relieve the Control Room Operator to allow the Control Room Operator to tour the plant or inspect first hand potential problems in the plant as required.
• Decisions to operate or shutdown a piece of equipment and/or the plant may be based on this individual’s observations and recommendations.
• When required load fly ash or bed as trucks as directed.
• Adjust feed rates on the truck unloading system and/or the crusher to prevent overloading of the conveyor systems.
• Operate fork lifts, bucket loaders and plant tractor as required.
• Document shift activities in the official log book.
• Perform assigned maintenance duties during shutdowns.
• Perform on shift rounds observing all plant equipment and systems, identify any abnormal conditions and document the conditions into the plant’s work order system (MainSaver).
Requirements of the Position:
• A two year degree in engineering from an accredited college or technical school is desired.
• General knowledge of OSHA policies and procedures.
• A working knowledge of plant operations and maintenance.
• Documented expertise as a power plant operator, process system operator or similar experience.
• Must be capable of communicating clearly over two way radio systems.
• Must be computer literate.
• Have a general ability to read and understand piping and instrument drawings, equipment manuals and operating procedures.
The selected candidate will enjoy a most competitive compensation & benefits package, in a geographic location known for its family friendly surroundings, and the noted absence of many metropolitan ills. The cost of living is very reasonable, and the cost of housing offers some of the best value in the State.
For immediate and confidential consideration, time is of the essence, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a current resume to:
Larry V. Combs, Esq.
4909 Stockdale Highway, Suite 289
Bakersfield, California 93309
PREFERRED SUBMISSION METHOD:
(Text or Word Files)
Post a Followup