[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Larry Combs on September 17, 2007 at 20:09:46:
CA-Central-I&E Technician, Power Plant / Cogeneration, to $34.10/Hr, DOE
Qualified candidates are currently being sought for immediate consideration in light of the following need which exists within an established and stable power production related facility located in California’s Central Valley.
• Responsible for the day to day troubleshooting, calibration, and repair of plant instrumentation, and electrical equipment up 13,800 Volts.
• Maintain the plant instrument calibration program; conduct planned maintenance on electrical equipments as defined by the plant’s maintenance management system.
• This position, in addition to the above basic responsibilities, may be called out during off hours to assist in startups of the facility or for emergency repairs to vital plant equipments.
• Use the plant’s maintenance management program to identify and plan maintenance of the plant’s instrumentation and electrical equipments.
• Calibrate and repair electronic and pneumatic instrumentation, such as electrical/pneumatic controllers, smart controllers, transmitters, control valves, analyzers and gauges of all types.
• Troubleshoot and repair electric equipment such as motors (up to 4,160 volt), control circuitry, logic systems, PLCs, and generators.
• Maintain and test the batteries, circuitry, and control equipment for the plant UPS systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair power distribution and substation equipment up to 120,000 volts.
• Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of the plant’s Distributed Control System and Emissions Continuous Monitoring Systems.
• Work outdoors, in confined spaces, and in high places.
• Work overtime and call outs as needed.
• Be computer literate in word processing, and excel speed sheets. Experience with a computer maintenance program would be desirable.
• Must climb stairs, climb vertical ladders, and carry heavy items.
• May be required to wear various types of respirators including SCBA.
Requirements of the Position:
• A two year degree in engineering from an accredited college or technical school is desired.
• General knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• A thorough knowledge of power plant instrumentation and electrical systems.
• Documented expertise as an electrician or instrument controls technician.
• An in-depth knowledge of computerized maintenance management and scheduling programs.
• Must be computer literate.
• Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
The selected candidate will enjoy a most competitive compensation & benefits package, in a geographic location known for its family friendly surroundings, and the noted absence of many metropolitan ills. The cost of living is very reasonable, and the cost of housing offers some of the best value in the State.
For immediate and confidential consideration, time is of the essence, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a current resume to:
Larry V. Combs, Esq.
4909 Stockdale Highway, Suite 289
Bakersfield, California 93309
PREFERRED SUBMISSION METHOD:
(Text or Word Files)
Post a Followup