[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by John Schwan on September 13, 2007 at 18:00:58:
Utilities Shift Associate Team Leader
Resumes will be accepted for the position of Utilities Shift Associate Team Leader. This position will be located at plant site and will report to the Operations Division, Utilities Department.
In close liaison with Production Unit Managers and other personnel in the facility, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising operation of the entire Power, Steam & Hydrogen Generation Facility to achieve the highest efficiency, most economical operation, and highest quality of finished product consistent with Company production, safety, and sanitation standards.
Primary duties of this position are leadership responsibility for daily operational reliability and energy availability, along with the required support for all production matters. This position will also provide support for new programs and projects that affect daily plant operations. This support includes the scheduling of shift manpower if necessary, training and evaluation of hourly production and operations following established procedures and management programs, and initiation of disciplinary action when required. The incumbent must be able to operate and troubleshoot the steam and power production equipment. This position plans and initiates maintenance requisitions in order to maintain plant operational performance. The Boiler Operator will report directly to this position requiring performance (PEP) interaction. This position is responsible for direction of maintenance activities on a daily basis, and is responsible to participate in the maintenance planning process. The incumbent coordinates with the Utilities Department leadership to insure the availability and reliability of the plant. Additional requirements include collaborative work with Production, Finance, Reliability, Corporate Engineering, Technology, and Local and Interstate Utilities. Shift work and 24 hr / 7 day coverage is required in this position.
The following requirements and qualifications have been established for this position:
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a Steam and Power Production Facility as a Control Room Operator.
• Technically competent and cross-trained in at least two disciplines. (Mechanical Maintenance, I&C, DCS, Electrical Maintenance, Chemistry or Operations)
• Demonstrates ability to execute, manage and/or develop projects effectively
• Demonstrates strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates external and internal communication skills
• Demonstrates basic computer skills
• Demonstrates basic organizational and planning skills
• Demonstrates the ability to work alone with little or no direct supervision
Post a Followup