[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by John Schwan on September 13, 2007 at 17:40:49:
Energy Production Department Manager
In close liaison with the Director – Commodities, other Managers and Directors in the Commodity Division, the incumbent will be assigned to manage energy production for the facility.
Primary duties of this position involve leadership responsibility for operation of the Utilities department. The coordination of all will be met by implementation and use of PEP to organize the activities of subordinates to meet or exceed budget requirements involving Safety, Environmental Control, appropriate Labor Relations, Training, Costs, Yields, Quality, Volume and Maintenance. Additional requirements include collaborative work with Purchasing, Planning, Human Resources, Finance, Reliability, Technology and staying abreast of new Technology. This position will also represent company in external energy matters that will have a potential impact on the overall business. This position has a direct impact on the capability of other departments and divisions to fulfill their segment of the Business Plan (Budget) from the standpoint of energy consumption and monitoring of energy efficiencies.
The following requirements and qualifications have been established for these positions:
• BS/BA degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical or Chemical, Associated Field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Utility Plant Operations.
• Full knowledge of the energy production and an understanding of the process dynamics affecting plant efficiencies
• Strong mechanical aptitude of involved equipment
• Demonstrates ability to develop and utilize energy/mass-flow/financial models
• Demonstrates ability to do simple engineering calculations and material balances.
• Demonstrates strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates statistical analysis and business financial skills preferred.
• Demonstrates ability to develop corporate programs and/or execute corporate strategies effectively
• Demonstrates cross-functional leadership skills.
• Demonstrate strong people management skills
• Demonstrates strong external and internal communication skills.
• Demonstrates high-level computer skills preferred.
Boilers to be involved with:
Combined Cycle Gas Co-gen
Coal Stoker Boilers
Gas Firetube Boilers
Gas Watertube Boilers
Post a Followup