[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Jen Etro on March 20, 2007 at 11:46:23:
Shift Supervisor, Morrisville, PA
Company: Wheelabrator Technologies
Wheelabrator Technologies, with corporate offices in Hampton, New Hampshire, is a leader in generating clean renewable energy. We are committed to protecting our environment while providing clean energy through the operation of 17 waste-to-energy facilities located across the United States. Please view our website at www.wheelabratortechnologies.com for additional information.
We have an immediate opening for a Shift Supervisor in our Morrisville, PA location.
Summary: Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility in accordance with all Company policies and standards. Responsible for directing and supervising Operations Department and other plant personnel to ensure the facility is operated and maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner.
1. Responsible for directing and supervising Operations Department and other personnel to ensure the facility is operated and maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner during duty hours.
2. Maintains and enforces Company policies and procedures, environmental compliance, and safety and health requirements.
3. Trains shift personnel in safety procedures and equipment use, plant operating procedures, and environmental standards and compliance. Implements corporate and plant training programs and ensures continued progress in the programs by shift personnel.
4. Responsible for the enforcement and administration of the lockout/tagout system, confined space entry program, and welding and cutting permits.
5. Performs other administrative duties such as conducting performance appraisals, completing disciplinary forms, accident and equipment damage reports, approval of timesheets, and documentation of attendance and tardiness.
6. Creates work requests through the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
7. Maintains an accurate log of facility operations, activities, and events.
8. Makes frequent rounds of the facility to ensure proper operation of equipment, materials storage and handling, facility security, cleanliness, safety, and environmental compliance.
9. Serves as the Plant Managers representative during periods when upper management is off-site.
10. Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals as required or directed by facility operations
11. Decisively and effectively directs personnel during all situations.
12. Completes the Corporate and Plant Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
13. Responsible for maintaining acceptable plant morale.
14. Fosters and promotes a culture of teamwork between operational staff and all other plant staff.
15. Ensures that the facility and all personnel operate safely at all times and promotes an environment whereby safety is a priority. Follows and ensures staff follows standard safety procedures, corrects safety and environmental hazards. Reads, understands, and applies information such as, lockout/tagout procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
16. Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicates clearly whether using in-situ intercom system, two-way radio or face to face.
17. Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action. Troubleshoot equipment and assists in diagnosing problem areas.
18. Operates other equipment including, but not limited to, industrial forklifts, manlifts, skid steer type loaders, and other mobile equipment.
19. Thoroughly and promptly investigates any accidents or near misses in conjunction with management team to ensure that any unsafe practices or conditions are addressed and eliminated immediately.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Bachelor's or Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent desirable
Two years working in a power plant environment as PO or comparable position, or 5 years related experience which includes training in a power plant environment.
Skills, experience, and knowledge sufficient to acquire ASME QRO provisional license or comparable state licenses.
Math skills sufficient to complete required job functions.
Knowledge and understanding of the operation, maintenance and control of a steam generating power plant.
Possess mechanical skills sufficient to perform such routine tasks as opening vessel and equipment access doors, placing and removing furnace access equipment, overhead protection and staging, operating power tools, and performing minor mechanical repairs to plant equipment or structures.
Proficient in the use of safety equipment, including fire protection equipment.
Certificates and Licenses:
Licenses as required by Local, State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies
Supervises staff of 4 - 20 employees depending on Plant size
Operate with skill
Word processing and Spreadsheet programs.
Initiative to work independently
Delegate tasks and ensure follow through
Foster and work within an environment of teamwork and cooperation
Effectively supervise people
Manage a diverse workforce and effectively promote Diversity
Train and share expertise with others
Maintain a positive attitude
Manage stressful situations professionally
Contribute to positive team spirit and enhance plant morale
Accept both positive and negative constructive feedback from others and make adjustments to performance based on such feedback.
Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural/work style and learning style differences
Treat people with respect
Work ethically and with integrity at all times and require the same from staff.
Handle tools, equipment; fine motor skills
Reach with hands and arms
Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
Stoop, kneel, bend, push, pull, crawl
Ascend and descend stairs and stationary vertical ladders as part of normal work activity and emergency egress situations
Lift 50 lbs.
Move about all areas of the plant, including catwalks, deck grating, wet and muddy areas, and uneven surfaces
Close vision, distance vision, able to adjust focus, corrected or otherwise
Operate a 1.5 inch fire hose operating at 125 psi line pressure to the extent required to extinguish fire
Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from hand held extinguishers to 200 lb portable units
Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12 by 16 manways
Work in areas under adverse conditions that may require the donning and use of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, the following with average fatigue:
Negative pressure respirator
Positive pressure respirator
Self-contained breathing apparatus (steel or composite bottle)
Approved safety shoes
Rubber suit and gloves
Chemical resistant suit
Heat resistant outerwear
Flame resistant outerwear
Approved hearing protection
Moving mechanical parts
Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
Potential exposure to dust and chemicals
Varied temperatures and outdoor weather conditions
Noise in work environment
Applicants will be considered for this position without regard to race, color, age, creed, sex, sexual preference, marital status, ancestry, handicap/disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Post a Followup