[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Jen Etro on March 19, 2007 at 15:54:36:
Shift Supervisor, Baltimore
Interested candidates should contact Jennifer Etro at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to: 207-221-1322 or apply directly at www.wheelabratortechnologies.com
Wheelabrator Technologies, with corporate offices in Hampton, New Hampshire, is a leader in generating clean renewable energy. We are committed to protecting our environment while providing clean energy through the operation of 17 waste-to-energy facilities located across the United States. Please view our website at www.wheelabratortechnologies.com for additional information.
We have an immediate opening for a Shift Supervisor in our Baltimore, Maryland location.
In order to be considered for this position candidates must have experience as a Plant Operator/Control Room Operator or Shift Supervisor in a Waste to Energy Facility or other power generating facility. Essential Functions:
• Responsible for directing and supervising Operations Department and other personnel to ensure the facility is operated and maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner during duty hours.
• Trains shift personnel in safety procedures and equipment use, plant operating procedures, and environmental standards and compliance. Implements corporate and plant training programs and ensures continued progress in the programs by shift personnel.
• Responsible for the enforcement and administration of the lockout/tagout system, confined space entry program, and welding and cutting permits.
• Performs other administrative duties such as conducting performance appraisals, completing disciplinary forms, accident and equipment damage reports, approval of timesheets, and documentation of attendance and tardiness.
• Creates work requests through the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Makes frequent rounds of the facility to ensure proper operation of equipment, materials storage and handling, facility security, cleanliness, safety, and environmental compliance.
• Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals as required or directed by facility operations.
• Ensures that the facility and all personnel operate safely at all times and promotes an environment whereby safety is a priority. Follows and ensures staff follows standard safety procedures, corrects safety and environmental hazards.
• Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action. Troubleshoot equipment and assists in diagnosing problem areas.
• Thoroughly and promptly investigates any accidents or near misses in conjunction with management team to ensure that any unsafe practices or conditions are addressed and eliminated immediately.
• Must have HS diploma or equivalent although Bachelors or Associates degree desirable.
• Minimum 2 years working in power plant environment as PO or comparable position, or 5 years related experience which includes training in a power plant environment.
• Skills, experience and knowledge sufficient to acquire ASME QRO provisional license.
• Must have complete knowledge and understanding of the operation, maintenance and control of a steam generating power plant.
Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits including 401k and an employee stock purchase plan.
Post a Followup