[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Wendy Grossman on January 23, 2007 at 14:22:36:
Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG) owns and operates a diverse portfolio of power-generating facilities primarily in Texas and the Northeast, South Central and Western regions of the United States. NRG’s projects use a wide array of fuel sources including natural gas, oil and coal. As part of NRG’s ongoing environmental, or “green,” business efforts, the Company launched its comprehensive “ecoNRG” initiative in the Spring of 2006. For additional information, visit the Company’s website at www.nrgenergy.com.
We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager at our Huntley Plant in Tonawanda, NY. The Maintenance Manager is accountable to: directly support all Operations functions by ensuring equipment can achieve maximum unit In Market Availability, reliability and efficiency at all times; ensure that buildings and facilities provide a safe and secure work environment; prepare and control departmental budgets; and ensure department compliance with applicable NRG Standard Operating Policies. As a key member of the leadership team, the Maintenance Manager also develops and implements short- and long-range planning with specific goals to maximize the value of plant personnel and assets and the value they contribute to NRG.
• Direct repairs of defective equipment according to priorities set by Operations Manager. Complete outage work and eliminate deratings so as to minimize impact on plant net income. Direct and coordinate activities in mechanical and electrical maintenance, instrumentation & controls, planning and scheduling, buildings, safety, site security and stores.
• Develop and implement appropriate predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance programs to ensure corporate goals of IMA, and unit reliability and efficiency are met.
• Inspect plant systems and equipment to assess operating condition and effectiveness of the maintenance program, avoid failures and identify root cause of problems. Perform system checkout, field inspections and troubleshooting.
• Recommend station improvements to Plant Manager.
• Work with Operations and Technical Services Managers to maintain an up-to-date “living” outage plan for each unit; ensure necessary parts and/or services are available to capture all outage opportunities. Develop integrated short and long-range work plans and comprehensive departmental budgets that support projected unit requirements and business plan goals. Perform cost control functions and ensure compliance with budget.
• Implement all elements of the NRG Safety Program.
• Manage department maintenance projects.
• Manage activities in the planning and scheduling group; develop and implement a site planning/scheduling policy and procedures to ensure maintenance activities are effective and efficient in order to lower maintenance costs.
• Manage activities in Buildings, Safety & Site Security group.
• Perform human resource functions, including: employee evaluation and coaching, training, labor relations, implementing company benefit policies, and administering the labor contract. Set clear goals and standards for performance and hold assigned personnel accountable to achieve them. Maintain a proactive working relationship with the IBEW.
• Adhere to company policies and promote company mission statement.
• Ensure timely completion of assigned business plan goals.
• Demonstrate professionalism in all activities and encourage personnel within the department to do the same.
• Actively support all station safety committee meetings; ensure timely completion of assigned Safety Action Items.
• Support Operations and Technical Services in problem troubleshooting and procedure review.
• Participate in various community activities so as to maintain good station and community relations.
• Perform various other duties as assigned.
• Available for travel as needed.
• Minimum Education/Experience - Requires a minimum of twelve (12) years mechanical experience in a power plant, including three years of supervisory experience, or knowledge equivalent to that acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree program with eight (8) years qualifying experience.
• Required Credentials and/or Designations – A Professional Engineer’s license and MBA are desirable.
• Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Technical expertise in plant systems and cycles with proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; estimating; planning and scheduling; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; working knowledge of personal computers and applications. Significant business knowledge, including finance, accounting and law.
• Must have working knowledge of relevant codes, environmental regulations and all OSHA and NRG safety rules.
• The Maintenance Manager must be self-motivated, with a broad background in power plant maintenance and project management. The Maintenance Manager must be capable of working and interacting with other plant personnel, contractors, governmental officials and agencies, etc.
At NRG Energy, people are our competitive advantage. Our employees are experts at maximizing all available resources. They’re proactive, self-directed, flexible, creative, and entrepreneurial team players. They are the key to our success.
We seek highly qualified, committed employees who share our values: Safety, Teamwork, Respect for Individuals, Community and the Environment, Integrity, Value Creation and Exemplary Leadership.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
NRG Energy, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Post a Followup