[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by APS on November 16, 2006 at 23:50:58:
Arizona Public Service (APS)Company’s Four Corners Fossil-Fuel
Generating plant is searching for the following:
Production Specialist III (Auxiliary Operator) for Units 1-5
Please apply by 12/01/06
Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts. Reasonable and necessary overtime is required. Must live within reasonable distance of the Four Corners Power Plant. More than one position available.
The Four Corners Fossil-Fuel Generating plant is located 18 miles west of Farmington, a community of about 40,000, in the northwest region of New Mexico. Because the Four Corners Fossil-Fuel Generating plant is on the Navajo Reservation, American Indian preference will apply in the job selection.
To apply, submit your resume on-line at www.pinnaclewest.com. Important: Job reference number must appear on your Resume. No Agencies please.
Testing Information: Qualifying tests will be administered.
* Must qualify as an Auxiliary Operator.
* Prefer three years previous work experience operating and monitoring turbines, generators,
scrubbers, baghouses and plant auxiliary equipment, preferably in a coal-fired generating plant.
* Candidate should have a working knowledge and experience in power plant mechanical maintenance repair and plate welding as secondary skill requirements.
The Four Corners Power Plant is searching for one or more Production Specialist IIIs(Auxiliary Operators) to support the efficient and cost effect production of electric energy by performing various power plant operational functions.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Operating and monitoring turbines, generators, scrubbers, baghouses and plant auxiliary equipment.
* Perform chemical analysis of boiler water, circulating water, operating water treatment, & chemical addition systems.
* Perform as a fire brigade responder.
Secondary skill is mechanical maintenance which will include routine mechanical maintenance duties such as:
* Inspections, maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment.
* Operation of mobile utility equipment such as backhoes and forklifts.
* Perform arc welding, including layout, setting up, aligning and welding parts and material.
* Will perform other duties as assigned.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental, 401(k) Savings Plan,Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement &
Visit our website for complete job description and to apply.
Because the Four Corners Fossil-Fuel Generating plant is located on the Navajo
Reservation, American Indian preference will apply to the job selection.
AA/EO Employer by choice
Post a Followup