[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Jay Weaver on April 21, 2006 at 10:06:39:
Boiler (Structural) Engineer
Reports to: Group Leader, Structural
- Perform design analysis and calculations of structural components to define foundation load, structure, loading, member sizing, connection design, pressure vessel requirements and/or piping supports;
- Define technical requirements per applicable codes that govern detail design, fabrication and erection;
- Perform design analysis and calculations for boiler pressure part components, such as drums, tanks, headers, and piping in accordance with the Pressure Vessel Codes;
- Perform design analysis and calculations for mechanical components, such as expansion joints, casing seals, maintenance equipment, etc.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or B.S. Civil Engineering
- Minimum two years structural design experience, or equivalent mechanical design experience
- Familiarity with AISC codes and LRFD method and/or ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes
- Familiarity with STAAD software and AutoCAD highly desired.
Post a Followup