HeatSponge Boiler Economizers
"Saving The World From High Fuel Costs"

Natural gas will never be inexpensive again making a boiler economizer more important than ever. HeatSponge offers products for boilers ranging from 50 HP to 150,000 pph. Improving boiler efficiency results in reduced pollution levels. Check how much money you can save by visiting our website. Click Here For On-Line Performance and Pricing.

Percolating boiler, can't seem to bleed air out.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #2 ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt on February 04, 2004 at 07:34:24:

I have a 2 yr old Weil-McClain 104,000 BTU boiler.
Lately it percolates,pops, and pings loudly inside the boiler only, and only during the time that the burners are on. It will ping and pop for a few seconds after gas shuts off, but not for long. If you stand near the boiler it seems that the noises are inside the area where the "heat exchanger" is. I have read and followed the link posted here about bleeding air from the system. Also I have installed a Taco air scoop with a autovent on top of it, and I also have an autovent coming off the top of the boiler. I have found no air in any of the three zones ( used the bleeders near the baseboards), and the boiler is heating just fine, its the noise that bothers me and is pretty iritating at 3 am. Thanks for any thoughts !

Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #2 ] [ FAQ ]