[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Re: thermostatic mixing valves?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #2 ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on September 27, 2005 at 19:29:26:

In Reply to: Re: thermostatic mixing valves? posted by HeatPro on May 20, 2005 at 13:27:45:

: Simplify your life. Put a bypass around the mixing valve with a zone valve running off a thermostat in the room. If the temperature in the room drops below the setting you want from the floor radiant, the thermostat will open the bypass to send boiler water direct through the loop. As the boiler water is controlled by the outdoor reset, there won't be water in there much hotter than 160F anyways and only for a short time to make up the little extra heat til the zone valve closes. You won't have to mess with adjusting the mixing valve any more, the loop will be similar to control with a two-stage thermostat.

Sorry for the very late reply. This actually sounds more complicated than the temperature actuated mixing valve I mentioned. In Cleveland, it gets cold enough that the outdoor reset allows for up 180F water quite frequently, and I don't want to send this through the radiant tubing. The type of mixing valve to which I'm referring is self-regulating via some sort of temperature sensitive material, similar to a bimetallic strip in a thermostat. I was thinking this type of passive control would be cheaper and mroe reliable than an active system with electric components.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Forum #2 ] [ FAQ ]