Re: burnham/weil-mclain?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Steam-Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by serge Lemite on January 27, 2000 at 12:24:40:

In Reply to: Re: burnham/weil-mclain? posted by Tony Conner on January 18, 2000 at 06:07:40:

: : Thank you for your response. The name plate has a lot of information. There are two figures under gross output--230 and 248. I don't see anything specifically for BTU.
: : The old boiler was at least 25 years old, and was a Burnham/American Standard. Something inside of it warped and cracked.

: Which (if either) contractor did a heat loss on your house? I would be wary of a contractor who simply sizes the replacement based on the existing unit. To simply assume that the guys who sized the existing boiler all those years ago knew what they were doing? A lot of residential boilers are grossly oversized. Pick the contractor first. Reputable contractors will deal with a boiler manufacturer that gives them proper product support. This, of course, is rarely the contracor with the lowest up-front price. Get references on previous jobs, and check them. A few dollars more for an experienced, reputable, properly insured contractor is always money well spent. As with most things, you usually get what you pay for.

You don't do a heatloss on Steam boiler replacements You figure on connected radiation & piping , I.E. Sq Ft Radiators & there is a Formuls to figure it out easily. Also as for quality Burnham is the better boiler hands down , I f you know boilers then you know how many problems Weil-Mclain has especially EG & EGH boilers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boiler Room Residential and Home Steam-Forum ] [ FAQ ]