[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Bill Coleman on June 07, 2002 at 07:41:54:
Nature and Scope of Job
Our client, a successful northeastern public company seeks a Product Safety Engineer/ Product Liability Engineer. The position requires strong safety-engineering skills as they relate to the development of fuel cell power and high-pressure hydrogen system designs. The workload will be varied embracing hazard identification, HAZOP studies, hazard consequence modeling, process hazard analyses, risk assessment studies, preparation of design documents and management of changes as related to safety.
· Develop and present a product safety / product liability program clearly and concisely to engineers, supervisors and management as appropriate.
· Develop safety hazard analysis and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for proposed operations involving system / component design and test.
· Responsible for providing safety-related input to the different phases of design including conceptual, detail design and product test.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· BS in Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Several years of experience in the operation, management, or oversight of potentially hazardous system operations (e.g., chemical process, high pressure/combustible gas, nuclear power plant, etc.)
· Must be an assertive individual, yet willing to actively participate within a team environment.
· Demonstrated oral communication skills to participate effectively in deliberations.
· Demonstrated written communication skills in an effort to document findings.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· MS in ME / ChE or related field.
Bill Coleman – email@example.com
Post a Followup