[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by MC Didone on June 05, 2002 at 19:17:02:
I am having a difficult time finding the right candidate for this career opportunity. I am new to recruiting in the power generation industry and the job description is very kludge.
Basically I am looking for an Instrumentation & Controls engineer, PE, with a background and experience in power generation. This is an excellent career opportunity located in the Danbury, CT area. They are offering an incredibly competative salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email me a word document verision of your resume with full contact information. If you know anyone that might be interested, please feel free to forward this information to them.
I have included a copy of the job description for your review. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Job Description: Senior FID (Functional Interconnect Diagram) Engineer
Department Name: Engineering
Experience Level: 5-10 years
Travel: Up to 10 percent
Location: Danbury, CT
Work entails converting logic diagrams to electrical schematics for switchgear, medium voltage motor controllers, Solenoid Operated Valves and Motor Operated Valves, and analog control signals.
Duties will involve support for the sizing of system by determining module count and continuing with standards for insuring design consistency.
· Coordinate multiple engineers/external vendors in conversion of Control Logic Diagrams into Hardware.
· Establish reviews to ensure consistent documentation and accurate conversion from Control Logic to internal Functional Interconnect Diagrams (FIDs).
· Support the Engineers with technical guidance for communication with the customer, responding to customer questions, and possible presentation of technical features of a Distributed Control System as well as attendance at technical clarification meetings as required.
· Responsible for the documentation of design for specific area.
· Insure design meets the regulatory standards and the contract specification.
· Ability to prepare Qualification procedures, support testing and write test reports.
· Support for preparation of technical bids and proposals from a technical approach.
· Complete required drawings to customer within budget and on schedule.
· Deliver Functional Interconnect Diagrams (FID's) on or before schedule to customer.
· Conformance to regulatory standards is required.
· Experience with Instrumentation & Control System required (power generation industry preferred).
· Experience with OrCAD design tools a plus BSEE required or equivalent experience (significantly and directly related).
· Ability to work in a team environment required. Ability to ask questions when appropriate required.
· Good communication skills (oral, written and presentation) required.
Familiarity with Commercial Nuclear codes and standards including IEEE, ISA, EPRI and NRC preferred. Previous project management experience a plus.
Post a Followup