[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Posted by Kevin DiLuigi on November 22, 2011 at 20:26:49:
In Reply to: KW cost calculation posted by barnstable1197 on November 17, 2011 at 20:39:50:
: I am trying to put a dollar number number on electricity we produce at the plant I currently operate. I operate a back pressure turbine that produces between 1 and 6 megawatts of power. I think electricity is purchased from the local utility @5.5 cents a kilowatt hour. How much money would it cost if I had to purchase the electricity I am producing if I was at a steady 1 megawatt for 1 hour?
I think your question is what is the cost for my plant to produce a MW. Is this correct?
A host of information is needed.
1. Water Rate (lbs stm per MW)
2. Fuel cost/per unit (gallon/lb)
3. Blr Efficiency (can assume 85%) or can figure out
4. Units of fuel used (Lbs, Gallons or other)
5. Steam Enthalpy to turbine
6. Steam Enthalpy from turbine
7. Feed water temp to blr (for blr eff)
From the above a cost of fuel can be made. Maintenance, operations cost in manpower all come in too. I'm retired and bored. I'll do my best to figure it out.
Post a Followup