Posted by Roger on July 08, 2000 at 04:57:38:
In Reply to: black color boiler water posted by bruce on July 08, 2000 at 04:28:34:
If your process includes heatexchangers that heat the product (Paint), I would first suspect that the coils are leaking but the contaminated condensate would show up in the CR tank also. I would suggest that you drain the boiler, open and wash out the waterside then check the individual steam traps on the process lines for the heatexchangers.
1) Do you have a regular schedule of blowing down your boiler?
2) Does your boiler sit for long periods of time?
3) Has the discolored boiler water been tested ?
4) Is the paint water-based?
5) What type of chemical(if any) are you feeding to treat the boiler?
6) If treating the boiler water is the chemical pumped undiluted to the boiler or CR tank or is it mixed with water in its own chemical storage tank and diluted?
Post a Followup