[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Re: mud drum blow down

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boilerroom.com Steam-Forum - Number 2 ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Stanton on March 20, 2002 at 09:36:54:

In Reply to: mud drum blow down posted by DBearden on March 19, 2002 at 20:20:06:

Does the boiler blowdown pipe enter at right angles to the surface of the blowdown tank or tangent to the surface? Some blowdown tanks have an internal baffle that is used to deflect the blowdown into a spiral pattern inside the tank. This prevents the full blast of the blowddown from hitting the side of the tank. Sometimes these tanks are referred to as separators. Other types of blowdown tanks have the blowdwwn pipe enter tangent to the surface of the tank for the same reason I mentioned above.. Whatever type you have, they should be ASME Section 8 constructed. You can tell this if you find the stamping on the vessel and see a clover leaf with a capital U inside. In Massachusetts the outlet of the blowdown tank cannot exceed 150 degrees F, so most of the tanks have a solenoid operated tempering water valve that admits city water to cool down the discharge. If you tank is used strictly for blowdown, and you are not recovering any flash vapor, make sure it is safely vented to the atmosphere.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Boilerroom.com Steam-Forum - Number 2 ] [ FAQ ]