Re: Superheaters

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Steam-Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by carl Jones on February 27, 2000 at 10:50:25:

In Reply to: Superheaters posted by David on February 07, 2000 at 07:05:07:

: What is the difference between a Pendant and a Platen
: Superheater ? thanks

There is a great deal of "double naming" in the boiler field. I agree that the
name pendant and platen are identical. Basically, refering to B&W the "superheater"
may be referred to as a "pendant superheater platen". I would venture to say that
for smaller designs, normally superheater sections are called superheater tubes. when
they are formed in panels without spaces between tubes I normally referred to them as
platens to distinguish evenly spaced tube rows leading to inlet and outlet headers. On
larger industrial (pulp & paper, utility) they are refred to sometimes as pendats or
platens. In general these are of either of two types; radiant or convection and either
or non-drainable designs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Steam-Forum ] [ FAQ ]